Another week is in the books, and the world doesn’t seem any less insane. However, there are always a couple of stories that can warm your heart, and a couple that will infuriate you. Sometimes, it depends on who you are as to which stories are which.
With that in mind, we present you with our Weekly Roundup of stories you might have missed, but you shouldn’t want to.
- When a mother found herself being attacked in a Kansas parking lot, she had to have been terrified. Luckily for her, there were some people there who absolutely refused to let that kind of thing go on.
- Hillary Clinton may be holding her own in the polls, but she’s not on bookstore shelves, that’s for sure. Her latest book only sold 3,000 copies in its first week despite widespread distribution. That’s like a typical first five minutes for J.K. Rowling.
- Local governments will crack down on anything. Their latest targets are the so-called “little free libraries” that people put in their yards. Can’t imagine why people don’t trust government, can you?
- Denver Bronco’s running back Brandon Marshal decided to follow Colin Kaeparnick’s example and knelt during the National Anthem. Now, he’s just a bit poorer because of it after he lost a couple of endorsements. Free Speech doesn’t mean there isn’t a price, after all.
- Speaking of Clinton, it’s it telling how her opponents were conspiracy theorists up until the moment they were proven right regarding her health? Kind of makes you wish for a place dedicated to the whole “no tribes” idea, doesn’t it?